Saturday, June 15, 2013

Welcome baby August

Monday, June 10th at 8:09 pm, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, August Julius.  He was born via c-section due to being breech.  I was scheduled for a c-sectionon Thursday the 13th but went into labor Monday morning.  I wasn't sure it was labor since I was induced for my first son's birth.  Eventually, it became obvious that it was labor.  I went to the hospital when the contractions were about 10 minutes apart and by the time we got there, they were three minutes apart and I was 2 cm dilated.  The whole birth experience was wonderful.  The doctor and nurses were really nice and reassuring.  He ended up being 8lbs, 2oz and 19.2 inches long.  I only had to stay in the hospital until Wednesday which was also nice.  I am still pretty sore but every day is better.  My family has been here helping us watch our dogs and Hugo.  They have taken care of August and made us meals.  My sister has taken Hugo to her house for a week.  He is busy having fun with his cousins.  This is allowing Rob and I to catch up on sleep and adjust to a new baby in the house.  I feel like such a lucky person.  I have so many supportive people around me, I now have two beautiful sons and a husband who loves me.  All of this makes me want to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment